please Apply with the online contact form below
- Volunteers are a vital part of the day to day operations at House of Hope. By supporting our staff, volunteers help us provide higher quality services to the survivors of Domestic and Sexual Violence that we serve.
- Volunteer opportunities are available in many areas and skill levels. Some need little or no experience, while others require a training program provided free of charge. If you would like to find out more about how you can help make change happen, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 417-777-3229.
- DISCLAIMER - Applying for a volunteering opportunity does not guarantee a volunteer opportunity will be extended to the applicant.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- SHELTER OFFICE - Help to answer the 24 hour SAFEline, assist with client intakes, provide clerical and advocacy support and assist staff to ensure that the needs of our clients are met.
- LEGAL ADVOCACY - Assist the Legal Advocate in providing support to survivors who file for Orders of Protection and attend court proceedings.
- CHILDREN’S SUPPORT SERVICES - Help provide a fun, educational and safe environment for the children who are residents of House of Hope or who are attending Support Group.
- COMMUNITY EDUCATION/OUTREACH/PREVENTION - Help to facilitate the community’s understanding of domestic and sexual violence issues by speaking to various groups.
- CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANCE - Act as a relief case manager on evening and weekends to increase survivor's access to services.
- ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE - Help to answer phones, general office work, data entry, special mailings and other clerical tasks.
- THRIFT STORE - Help pick up, accept, sort, acknowledge and stock incoming donations and work in Hope’s Closet
- DEVELOPMENT/FUNDRAISING - Assist with planning and staffing outreach and fundraising events. You can also organize and sponsor your own event!
- CLEANING - Help make our environment as welcoming as possible by performing general cleaning duties at our offices, Thrift Store or shelter.
- MEALS - Help with meal preparation, serving, cleaning and dishes.
- BUILDING MAINTENANCE/LANDSCAPING - Assist with maintenance, repairs and minor remodeling projects at our facilities as well as landscaping at our shelter.
- INTERNSHIP AND PRACTICUM PROGRAM - For students and others seeking practical experience in social work, domestic violence, shelter operations or general non-profit administration
- Program Service volunteers are required to complete additional training.