- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- SHELTER OFFICE - Help to answer the 24 hour SAFEline, assistwith client intakes, provide clerical and advocacy support and assist staff to ensure that the needs of our clients are met.
- LEGAL ADVOCACY- Assist the Legal Advocate in providing support to survivors who file for Orders of Protection and attend court proceedings.
- CHILDREN’S SUPPORT SERVICES- Help provide a fun, educational and safe environment for the children who are residents of House of Hope or who are attending Support Group.
- COMMUNITY EDUCATION/OUTREACH/PREVENTION - Help to facilitate the community’s understanding of domestic and sexual violence issues by speaking to various groups.
- CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANCE- Act as a relief case manager on evening and weekends to increase survivor's access to services.
- ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE - Help to answer phones, general office work, data entry, special mailings and other clerical tasks.
- THRIFT STORE- Help pick up, accept, sort, acknowledge and stock incoming donations and work in Hope’s Closet
- DEVELOPMENT/FUNDRAISING - Assist with planning and staffing outreach and fundraising events. You can also organize and sponsor your own event!
- CLEANING - Help make our environment as welcoming as possible by performing general cleaning duties at our offices, Thrift Store or shelter.
- MEALS - Help with meal preparation, serving, cleaning and dishes.
- BUILDING MAINTENANCE/LANDSCAPING- Assist with maintenance, repairs and minor remodeling projects at our facilities as well as landscaping at our shelter.
- INTERNSHIP AND PRACTICUM PROGRAM for students and others seeking practical experience in social work, domestic violence, shelter operations or general non-profit administration
- Program Service volunteers are required to complete additional training.